Loading…
You are here:  Home  >  2014  >  July  -  Page 2
Latest

Agrokor publishes bid for remaining Merkator shares

By   /  31/07/2014  /  Business, Croatia, HR Business, SI Business, Slovenia  /  Comments Off on Agrokor publishes bid for remaining Merkator shares

  Review Hari Stefanatos Agrokor, the croatian conglomerate, published a bid today (Thursday) for the acquisition of the remaining 47% stake in the slovenian retail company Mercator. Agrokor, which owns the rest of the 53% of the slovenian company has priced the remaining shares at EUR 86 per share, as was the initial takeover. This […]

Read More →
Latest

British MP blasts EU and the UK for stance over Cyprus after 40 years of occupation

By   /  31/07/2014  /  CY Politics, Cyprus, Headlines, Politics  /  Comments Off on British MP blasts EU and the UK for stance over Cyprus after 40 years of occupation

  By Thanasis Gavos – London Cyprus needs to become more assertive when reminding Britain of its responsibilities towards the island, Labour MP for Mansfield Sir Alan Meale has told IBNA. In an interview to mark 40 years of the Turkish occupation of the northern part of the Mediterranean island, Sir Alan, a long-standing friend […]

Read More →
Latest

Kosovo’s trade deficit goes down

By   /  31/07/2014  /  Business, Kosovo, XK Business  /  Comments Off on Kosovo’s trade deficit goes down

Pristina, July 31, 2014/Independent Balkan News Agency By Elton Tota Data on Kosovo’s foreign trade indicate a lower trade deficit for the month of June 2014 amounting to 188,6 million Euros as opposed to a 195,9 million Euros deficit in the same period of 2013. Export amounts to 12.6% of imports. Based on the latest […]

Read More →
Latest

Turks and Israelis come to their “own” Thessaloniki

By   /  31/07/2014  /  Business, GR Business, GR Politics, GR Social, Greece, Politics, Social  /  Comments Off on Turks and Israelis come to their “own” Thessaloniki

  By Spiros Sideris – Athens For Turks and Israelis, Thessaloniki is not just a tourist destination but a very important destination. For the Turks it is the birthplace of Kemal Ataturk, for Israelis the “Mother of Israel”. Many come to look for their roots. Turkish and Israeli tourists (along with Russian and Balkan) have […]

Read More →
Latest

Bad time for the government to go on holidays

By   /  31/07/2014  /  Croatia, Finance, Headlines, HR Finance, HR Politics, Politics  /  Comments Off on Bad time for the government to go on holidays

  By Marija Avramovic – Zagreb Croatian government yesterday held a final session for the first half of the year after which Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic and ministers went on a vacation that will last until August 18. This year none of the ministers will be left ‘on duty’ in the cabinet. This government’s results […]

Read More →
Latest

Greece gears up for troika showdown talks

By   /  31/07/2014  /  Finance, GR Finance, Greece, Headlines  /  Comments Off on Greece gears up for troika showdown talks

  By Lefteris Yallouros – Athens Christine Lagarde, the head of the International Monetary Fund, has openly questioned whether Greece is in need of debt relief while maintaining that a review of the status of the economy in coming weeks would determine if Athens’ debt is sustainable. “I would not pass judgment on whether or […]

Read More →
Latest

Cyprus starts exploratory drilling

By   /  31/07/2014  /  CY Energy, Cyprus, Energy  /  Comments Off on Cyprus starts exploratory drilling

  Review Hari Stefanatos Energy Minister of Cyprus, George Lakkotrypis announced that before the end of summer, exploratory drilling will start in the “Onasagoras’ area, located in block 9 of the Cypriot EEZ. He also announced that for this as well as five other deposits, the signs are encouraging. Moreover, today the Republic of Cyprus […]

Read More →